In 2018, ProSiebenSat.1 developed a Group-wide sustainability strategy. The objective of the strategic process was to tie sustainability aspects more strongly to ProSiebenSat.1's corporate strategy and to regard the Group's economic, environmental, and social performance in a holistic way. Sustainability goals have also been integrated into the Executive Board goals.
The following steps were key to the strategic process:
- Analysis of current situation and sector benchmarking
- Reviewing the materiality analysis and stakeholders
- Defining priorities and selecting relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Formulating the sustainability strategy (approach, action areas and principles, key topics)
- Defining sustainability goals, strategic measures and KPIs
Our sustainability strategy is based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These define global priorities and sustainable development goals for 2030 and aim to mobilize global efforts to achieve a common set of goals and targets. ProSiebenSat.1 Group also wants to contribute to this transformation. As part of the development of the strategy, we have classified the following six goals as particularly relevant to our business activities and their contribution to the SDGs. We reviewed
these again in 2021.
On this basis, we have transferred our sustainability management to four action areas in which we group our activities by topic area and formulate individual principles.